Ever consider a non-KA swap?

Non-technical 240sx stuff in here.
cleantune
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Ever consider a non-KA swap?

Post by cleantune »

Have you ever considered swapping out the KA in favor of a different motor? If so, why, which motor, and what made you want to keep the KA motor?

I know, I know, kind of a "guilty confessions" type of question haha because I think we all know the answer: "nah, of course not, of course not!", but... haha

...or maybe I'm the only one who daydreams about these kind of things :eusa-shifty:
For SALE !!! >>http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 44#p537044 <<

Buildthread: http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 46#p537046
instagram: @cleantune / @siks_tehn_racing
adamky
SuperMod

Re: Ever consider a non-KA swap?

Post by adamky »

I almost bought an LS2+T56 before deciding to boost my KA. I still look back and realize how much cheaper it would have been.

But, there's just something so awesome about being able to take a car that you built and tuned 100% completely yourself, a 4 cylinder no less, and whoop up on cars with twice the cylinders. And the fact that it's a "truck motor" that was never intended to put out so much power is just icing on the cake.
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
flip240
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Re: Ever consider a non-KA swap?

Post by flip240 »

Back when I bought my car and didn't know anything about anything circa 2003, I considered SR20's because people had been doing it in the magazines. I started changing my mind when I read a book about the L-series motors and its history evolving into the KA and had a bunch of domestic friends who ranted about iron block motors. Plus I was a broke college student at the time so I stayed with the KA long enough to get sick of all the JDM fanboys who jerked themselves at night thinking of SR20 swaps.

When I finally turbo'd my KA, I loved how it sounded next a raspy SR20 and have never looked back. What happens in the future when its hard to find KA's? I might find a company to make a CGI block KA or maybe the Nissan MR16DDT or VW EA888 2.0TSI.
- Phil - Concord Gray S14 - 339 rwhp, 340 ft-tq @ 12psi
Daily driven turbocharged KA24 for 10 years and counting. 2004-2014
My setup: KA24DE-T