TinyT's Build

This is for all those PICTURE THREADS ONLY. Motor installs, product writeups, showing off your car, put the thread in here.
TinyT
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

TinyT's Build

Post by TinyT »

Well I have H1N1 so I figured I would start my build thread finally. This is the first 240 I bought when I sold my slammed silverado when I was 17. I have had 2 other coupes, but this is the only car I have kept. I have had it for over 3 years now, and it was originally going to get an sr, I had bought a block, head etc. but then I found this site, and the rest is history. So this is what it looked like a little bit after I bought it, I didnt know what I was doing.
then the clutch went, BAD, completely burnt the clutch disc to the metal and rivets.
so I started doing bodywork, not knowing what I was doing, even though my dad is an amazing bodyman, fabricator, etc, he just let me have at it
there would be a TON of pics that went in between these but my hard drive fried and i lost a ton of good pictures from when my strut tower rotted through and I tubbed it, etc, but dumbass me didnt have it backed up. so it picks up here, where I built the motor with...

.050 over, 9:4:1 probe industries forged pistons
eagle h beams
clevite bearings
cometic headgasket
oem valves and springs
arp main and rod bolts, and head studs
new oil pump and timing chain
fully balanced
decided to give water/air a try
motor in, first attempt at a tubular manifold. it sucked kinda haha
started to polish the volks. yes, they are from 1991
then i was all like, ya i need to make a new manifold
having a machine shop is nice
I suck at welding thin aluminum, but I made up a little plate for my bitchin avcr boost controller setup, all braided line, fuxck vacuum lines
bought a bitchin sparco wheel
found some recaros at a swap meet. 50 dollars! out of an alfa romeo
messed my fender up so i wrapped it in stickers and vinyl
and here is where it is now, taken apart for winter, and new fun stuff
stock sucks

SO, the plan for this winter

haltech sprint standalone.
160 lb bosch injectors
aeromotive a1000 pump
15 gallon fuel cell
custom sheetmetal intake manifold
front mount and co2 sprayer
aluminum paneled rear floor
r34 athlete silver paint, and gloss black volks, inners and lip.
etc. etc.

Im setting the car up for in the neighborhood of 700whp. next year it will get a t70, c4 trans, and cams. and then a new cage haha.

Ill continuously update this for the few people that might actually give a **** lol. :lol:
Last edited by TinyT on Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:38 pm, edited 26 times in total.
KA24ETZTM
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by KA24ETZTM »

I give a **** :D Build looks really good man. Keep it up. You have done some awesome fab work and the new mani looks alot better.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/ka24etztm/videos
My Original Build Thread
: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=35224
Current Build Status: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=61790
240tuned91
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by 240tuned91 »

looks like you own a bidgeport? tjose things are awesome. love the color of the car. seats are sweet to look comfotable.
Stay KA
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by Stay KA »

I had this mental image of you being a really old grumpy man. By real old I mean late thirties.

700hp is serious best of luck with that, and the swine. :wink:
-Richard

Markdawg20

Post by Markdawg20 »

Incredible car. Boo C4 tranz.
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

good sh/t. u got a money tree?
airman wrote:I'm all about spreadsheets. Bitches love spreadsheets.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
hy35 18psi Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=38784
RIP MJL best friend of 20 years and the man who showed me 240s
Turbo24sxt
Forum Moderator

Post by Turbo24sxt »

Great looking build man ... looks like it is going to be a monster .... keep it up and def keep it updated .. I have been looking for your build thread glad you finally got it going...

yeah hope you feel better with that horrible sickness!
Anthony
***Nate Moore 480sx R.I.P ***
***Will NEVER be Forgotten***
Build Thread
viewtopic.php?t=15023&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

KA24ETZTM wrote:I give a **** :D Build looks really good man. Keep it up. You have done some awesome fab work and the new mani looks alot better.
thanks! I could feel a definite improvement with all the increased flow. and it sounds even better because of the thicker stainless.
looks like you own a bidgeport? tjose things are awesome. love the color of the car. seats are sweet to look comfotable
yup! we have a full machine shop, my dad worked for a can company called silgan containers and when they would shut down machine shops he would get offered machines. worked out pretty damn swell haha. and the color is actually a ford color, and its un wet sanded and buffed in those pics, I got lazy because I wanted to change the color anyway haha. and the seats are epic, it feels like heaven strapped in with the suede sparco.
I had this mental image of you being a really old grumpy man. By real old I mean late thirties.

700hp is serious best of luck with that, and the swine.

LOL!! I will accept that haha. and i know 700 is serious business, its getting setup for it over winter for that but i will still be on the t3/t4 for summer, so around 450.

Incredible car. Boo C4 tranz.
thank ya sir. and i know, we will see if I have the money for a 300zxtt and a twin disc.
good sh/t. u got a money tree?
nope. I can honestly say that I have paid for everything on this car myself, working a 9 dollar and hour job, buying parts from ebay, the for sale section here, and swapping fab work for parts with friends. For example, I got the recaro's for 50 bucks at a swap meet, my buddy gave me the avcr boost controller for an intercooler kit on his 1.8t, that he bought, i just installed...etc etc I just use my money wisely, and make most of the **** on the car. and I can do everything in house, from fab, to machining, to paint and body. Being a good responsible boy earned me the privilege to use the shop, which works great for my dad because I am the one that re stocks everything like welding gas etc. haha

Great looking build man ... looks like it is going to be a monster .... keep it up and def keep it updated .. I have been looking for your build thread glad you finally got it going...

yeah hope you feel better with that horrible sickness!
thanks I really appreciate it. Im on day 3 of the swine and im starting to feel better. I wanna get back to working on this damn thing! some of my stuff is selling, so I get to order a fuel cell and an A1000 pump this week. pretty pumped about that.
joe62890

Post by joe62890 »

Build looks good man! Can't wait to see more.

And for the swine flu, just had a buddy get over it. Everything after day 3 is better.
Markdawg20

Post by Markdawg20 »

This is one of my favorite builds. It's actually somewhat original with the water cooling jumpoff and all. How did she rip before you tore it apart for the winter?
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

I was using a plms daughterboard and we could never get it tuned right for some reason. i only ran it at 10 psi, lame. I sold it and Im buyin the new haltech sprint standalone and heading straight for AMS in spring. so it should be a little better after that haha
StylesCD
Learners Permit

Post by StylesCD »

700..yeesh thats crazy talk, but good luck anyways
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

StylesCD wrote:700..yeesh thats crazy talk, but good luck anyways
haha not really, several people on here are in that power range and up
torch'd

Post by torch'd »

love how it looks.

how hard was that cas in the dizzy mod??
going fast, i can do that... this going sideways thing is tricky.....
pearl240sx
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by pearl240sx »

love the work man i was wondering why you didnt call for more info haha going big timin!! good work keep it up
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

torch'd wrote:love how it looks.

how hard was that cas in the dizzy mod??
thanks! and no dizzy mod here..
love the work man i was wondering why you didnt call for more info haha going big timin!! good work keep it up
haha! I was gonna call ya to ask about your car, and then I got this swine flu bull **** and every time I would talk on the phone I would start coughing a bunch and end up loosing my voice hahaha, Ill hit ya up soon.
ATLspeed

Re: TinyT's Build. where its been, where its at, where its g

Post by ATLspeed »

Nice build and props...but tell me you at leased removed that upper timing guide lol

*love this pic so much that its my screen saver....just not that timing guide lol
- KA24DE = 14.8
- KA24DE-T25 (7psi) = 13.1
- KA24DE-T28 (12psi) = 12.9 (traction issues)
- KA24DE-T HE351 (20psi) = ??.??
- 2JZ HX40 (18psi) = LOL

~Set Up~
2jzgte, built head, blah blah blah
tehzack

Post by tehzack »

Get outta his house son. Of course he removed that rig.
LSX.
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

tehzack wrote:Get outta his house son. Of course he removed that rig.
lulz. yes, I took that bi*ch off
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

small update...

got my cell, pump, and filter. some intake manifold components on the way.

packaging from hell

TinyT

Post by TinyT »

small update, havent had much time to work on it, I keep working on my s dime everyday haha

Turbo24sxt
Forum Moderator

Post by Turbo24sxt »

looking good man ... keep it up .. and i gotta say i love that color of your car
Anthony
Build Thread
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

thanks! and i like it too, but im really tempted to go athlete silver. Im gonna do some photoshopping before I make my decision. and I never even wet sanded or buffed the current paint on it haha, im sure I would like it a lot more with that done.
Turbo24sxt
Forum Moderator

Post by Turbo24sxt »

i know how you feel lol i never wet sanded or buffed mine either after it got painted two years ago oh well .. it will be repainted soon anyways ...
Anthony
Build Thread
EviltoM
Forum Moderator

Post by EviltoM »

ahhhhh yes time to criticize tinyt :twisted:

build looks good, but there are a few things bothering me. first of all, the exhaust manifold. looks like you are headed in the right direction but the welding looks horrible. you need to lay off the heat, and Im willing to bet you didnt even back purge it. every time I see a nice pile of stainless weld elbows being welded with no back purge I see a pile of stainless paper weight. you or who ever is welding that needs a little more practice before attempting to build, and better yet sell exhaust manifolds like that. I see you have a fab shop in your sig....I sure as hell hope no one comes to you for an exhaust manifold.

second is the cage, you need to box the corners in where the cage connects to the floor, otherwise it will be useless.

other that that, good job!
2JZGE NA-T -SOLD
10.3@131 27psi
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

star north fab will be my legitimized shop in the future...just a name to my **** right now. thats my first tig welded tubular manifold, im 20, internet taught. it flows great for a big paperweight,and iv never made any claims to being good at it. iv tig welded stainless log manifolds that have been on cars for over 20,000 miles and they are still together though so idk. Im in no way saying im good at welding manifolds, believe me, when i get the time im going to invest it in learning what im doing wrong from some race car builders I know. the "cage" is more of a glorified harness bar, not meant to structurally combine the parts of the car and will not be a part of my 8.50 cert'd cage, nor will this chassis. Im 20, I go to school for business management, self taught in everything I have done on this car, funded by a gas station job, and am trying.

thanks, we all start somewhere
joe62890

Post by joe62890 »

Love the build man. Wish I had a garage setup like you.
EviltoM
Forum Moderator

Post by EviltoM »

right on. im 23 but age dosnt have much to do with it, its the bank account :P

and a log manifold weighs less/experiences less stress than a tubular, the length of tube connected with unpurged welds will see a lot more stress/flex holding up a turbo and downpipe...you know what im saying?
2JZGE NA-T -SOLD
10.3@131 27psi
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

Oh I know exactly, my last tubular lasted good and this one has a few thousand on it, I would never weld a manifold for someone until I go over my techniques and have them corrected. I'm pretty sure I'm close because I honestly haven't had a tig weld fail yet in many different applications. So that can't be horrible, some are a little hot and some are a little undercut, but it's better than a cold weld with miles of filler haha
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

And yea the bank account has a lot to do with it, if I had money to burn I would go through gas, filler, and scrap all the time getting it down. Oh well I'll get there I'm not too worried about it