DIY Emissions Removal SOHC

Yup, post them single slammers here....
melvingoku
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by melvingoku »

nis720 wrote:I found it easier to make a plate to fit on the EGR block.

The silenoid I removed along with the rod then I had the holes welded shut on mine.

i wonder wat size bolts he used. the original ones are to small.

second i was un able to pull the shaft out of mine. says it will slide right out but no luck....any suggestions would be great.
melvingoku
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by melvingoku »

ok i did everything here but it will not start on me. i had to replace my intake manifold. everything seems to be order. its getting fuel and spark. but i think its not getting enough vaccume. the butterflys are gone as well but i left the shaft in. does that make any difference?
HerraFrush
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by HerraFrush »

Hmm, this will be next on my super sexy ka24e to do list. Looks much cleaner without all that EGR mess cluttering the engine bay. Extending the harness wires and tucking it under the intake sounds like a task too. Kind of scares me to think about trying.
socaldatsun
Learners Permit

Post by socaldatsun »

cant tell from the pictures, but do we need any vacuum lines coming off of the intake pipe itself?
i guess i only need one line which is the FPR since im doing a ka swap in my datsun and not running a brake booster
nis720
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by nis720 »

socaldatsun wrote:cant tell from the pictures, but do we need any vacuum lines coming off of the intake pipe itself?
i guess i only need one line which is the FPR since im doing a ka swap in my datsun and not running a brake booster
You will need the one that feeds the Iddle control valve (if you are still running it)
Still plays with trucks
http://members.cardomain.com/nis720
All anybody wants is a normal life and a cool car... most people settle for the car - Titus.
socaldatsun
Learners Permit

Post by socaldatsun »

I thought i needed the IACV? is there a way around it?
im trying to hunt down the FICD cause it broke when i dropped the motor into the bay :/
if any one has a spare in SD itll be awsome! let me know please need one by friday. "doing wiring"
Ponda
240sx Wannabe

Post by Ponda »

Do you have a pic of what you need and I'll see if I have it.
03' WRX
89' S13 Coupe 2-Tone
www.stuckUdecals.com
socaldatsun
Learners Permit

Post by socaldatsun »

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/6162/iaams8.png
i just need the solenoid in the middle of the picture. it just screws out and i belive it has a little pin and a spring inside of it
Ponda
240sx Wannabe

Post by Ponda »

I'll check when I get to the shop and see if I have one laying around. I'll PM you if I have one.
03' WRX
89' S13 Coupe 2-Tone
www.stuckUdecals.com
project s13

Post by project s13 »

Hello fellow soch folks

I just rebuild my ka24e, im looking to boost it within the next month so im doing a bit of research . And because a question i have relates to this great thread, ill ask here.

My question is: if i remove my emissions components will i still pass a sniffer test. My car is non california model. Will my check engine light turn on.

Im looking more for a personal esperience.
Catch my DRIFT? Slide my COUPE!
Liteemup39496
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Re: DIY Emissions Removal SOHC

Post by Liteemup39496 »

i removed everything from my coupe, IIAC/IAV, EGR before i went boost and my car passed NJ state inspection. also bear in mind i at the time still had a stock Cat. also in preparation I filled up and ran through 2 tanks of ultra 94 and then right before inspection ran her down to basically E and put a bottle of ethyl alcohol in the tank and retarded the timing at the dizzy all the way.

Edit: looks as if all the pictures have returned. i basically removed/disconnected every piece of emissions listed in the picture
'89 KAe-T Coupe - on the road to a goal of 400whp with A/C
'91 Hatch - VH45 powered, track duty
'05 Titan - I/H/E VK56 - Tow rig and Daily
Single Jingle love
Two-Tone

Post by Two-Tone »

Random question, but what consequences are there if you go boost and keep EGR stuff?
boosted93

Re:

Post by boosted93 »

glacier985 wrote:Finally rembered to get some pictures......

That looks great man i really need to take the time and do mine
tapdeznutz
Learners Permit

Post by tapdeznutz »

i know i am bumping an old thread but i would really like to do this and it still needs a bit confused. where are you getting yhour vacuum source for the FPR from? did you just hook it up to a constanct vacuum somewhere off the intake manifold? does that go the same for the "idle control valve". I am having a really bad idle/idle surging issue and want to start by eliminating the vacuum lines. thanks in advance.
1990 White Hatch ka24E
Rocking: Intake, Headers, Resonated Test Pipe, HKS Hi-Power exhaust 2.5" piping (very mellow sound) Aluminum Crank Pulley, 1pc Steel Driveshaft
terabyte6
NooB

Post by terabyte6 »

Hey everyone,

I have read this thread and I am seriously considering removing all the EGR components, but I do have a California model and I do not plan to turbo soon but I was having issues like hesitation and misfire I believe were due to gunked up egr manifold lines.

Has anyone done this process to a California KA single cam? Did the resistor to fool the ECU work?

My main concern is that after I complete the process I will be having to deal with the CEL and loss of performance...
ApexEight
Learners Permit

Post by ApexEight »

Bump!

I'm almost done with the emissions removal on my KA24E thanks to this guide, but I still need some help. I'd appreciate your guys' help in my thread: http://www.ka-t.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t ... 5e948894a7

Thanks!
TommyG707
NooB

Post by TommyG707 »

I have a question, I recently removed all my emissions parts and vacuum lines except: FPR, Brake Booster, AAC, PCV, Valve cover breather hose, and IACV.
I just put everything back together but now my car will start but cant hold an idle and dies immediately. Anyone have an ideas what could have gone wrong?
ApexEight
Learners Permit

Post by ApexEight »

TommyG707 wrote:I have a question, I recently removed all my emissions parts and vacuum lines except: FPR, Brake Booster, AAC, PCV, Valve cover breather hose, and IACV.
I just put everything back together but now my car will start but cant hold an idle and dies immediately. Anyone have an ideas what could have gone wrong?
Have you checked for vacuum leaks? You could also try messing with the settings of your TPS and idle screw.
kayakusa
NooB

Post by kayakusa »

I know this is a very old thread, but I would love to be able to see the pictures that were posted. I am currently deleting the EGR and emissions from my 97 Nissan hardbody. Is there any way I can get the pictures? It would help me out so much right now. Thanks!!
ApexEight
Learners Permit

Post by ApexEight »

kayakusa wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:02 pm I know this is a very old thread, but I would love to be able to see the pictures that were posted. I am currently deleting the EGR and emissions from my 97 Nissan hardbody. Is there any way I can get the pictures? It would help me out so much right now. Thanks!!
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing