New kid from philly

Introduce Yourself Here First!
collegekid
Learners Permit

New kid from philly

Post by collegekid »

Hey everyone, I got my 1996 zenki base autotragic a lil over a month ago. Body is pretty clean but its got 173k and its about to die soon and tranny is going soon as well. I'm 19, I go to Temple University, and I'm not a racer fanboy. This is my first car and I'm looking to get a replacement Ka24de and get it 5 speed for now. I'm not going into any racing or drifting or anything crazy. I am looking to go ka-t eventually and I'm also considering doing a swap so I'm in the market for a s13 or a 95zenki if its OBDI (not sure if it is or not) cuz of emissions here in philly are so strict. I got no experience with cars but I've learned a lot from reading on other forums such as 240sxforums, zilvia, and I just joined here and 240sxfamily. This is what my baby looks like
http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m57 ... CN0447.jpg
http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m57 ... CN0446.jpg
http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m57 ... CN0441.jpg
Jus14
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by Jus14 »

Welcome and wow that is about as stock as you can get it lol
Zip Tie Racing
www.NissanNation.com
koukidriver
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by koukidriver »

Welcome
k12ispl
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by k12ispl »

that s14 is uber stock, very nice high five !! 8)
1993 240sx Coupe 5 Speed
*'91 Ka Rebuild w/ stock internals
*Stage 1 clutch
*Lightweight Flywheel
^July'12-Traded for a '03 zx6r 636

1969 Datsun 1600 Roadster Build
viewtopic.php?t=52915
www.intercarofknoxville.com
mo_hish

Re: New kid from philly

Post by mo_hish »

collegekid wrote:emissions here in philly are so strict
:lol:

I'm right outside Philly.. I know a few people that go to Temple too.
And emissions here are a joke. You just have to know the right people.
eazye2000
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by eazye2000 »

My brother!
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k63/e ... CF0008.jpg

I really miss my S14. Same exact as you described yours. I loved delivering pizza in that thing when it snowed up in Boston.

Welcome. And take the time to do some research. I bet you can't ask a question that has already been asked. And it may have been answered... lol

Just stay away from Tiny, and 8-bit; they bite.... 8)
mo_hish

Post by mo_hish »

For a second there I thought he was your brother and you gave him the car to take to Philly for school or something.

The cars look almost identical.
collegekid
Learners Permit

Post by collegekid »

eazye2000 wrote:My brother!
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k63/e ... CF0008.jpg

I really miss my S14. Same exact as you described yours. I loved delivering pizza in that thing when it snowed up in Boston.

Welcome. And take the time to do some research. I bet you can't ask a question that has already been asked. And it may have been answered... lol

Just stay away from Tiny, and 8-bit; they bite.... 8)
Haha yours is way cleaner. My front bumper has a little dent on the drivers side but it looks the same HAHA
iquantum
NooB

Post by iquantum »

Hi Collegekid,

Did you buy that?
Steve Barbarich
robt95240
Learners Permit

Post by robt95240 »

welcome
"DO NOT TIP-TOE THROUGH LIFE ONLY TO ARRIVE AT DEATH SAFELY"
ROBT95240
collegekid
Learners Permit

Post by collegekid »

iquantum wrote:Hi Collegekid,

Did you buy that?
Yea I did, do you know the previous owner? The car is from Chester springs, PA and maryland and virginia before that. I jumped on it literally as soon as it went up on craigslist haha
collegekid
Learners Permit

Post by collegekid »

Wow holy crap it's been some time.
To bring you guys up to speed, that car turned into a long time project. I was researching KA-t setups because the engine was in there already, but it seemed to be a lot of custom work and knowledge which I didn't have.
That car got the infamous sr20.
It's still in my garage though, hasn't been on the road under it's own power since May of 2012 LOL.

I will be throwing it back together to just drive. Yes the Sr is staying in the car. OR I may sell it since its a late model sr20 from a Kouki S14 (NA code ecu) so that's like $10,000 in todays market apparently.

I actually ended up buying a few more cars. I bought an auto maroon 1995 that was mostly stock as a daily for my brother. Then later on I bought a parts car, but it actually ran. This one is another auto maroon 95.

Hang tight, lets see if I can get some pics.
Still trying to figure out how to do this turbo ka stuff, and acquiring currency AND regarding the females
collegekid
Learners Permit

Post by collegekid »

ImageTwo by A P, on Flickr

So that's the car I bought for my brother. I daily drive that subaru.
Still trying to figure out how to do this turbo ka stuff, and acquiring currency AND regarding the females
collegekid
Learners Permit

Post by collegekid »

ImageDelivery by A P, on Flickr

So my track car is the one you see in this photo. My other one from the post above is shown in the background.

Plan is, to throw my green car back together. I won't be able to paint at my parents house, so I will get back in one piece to take it to the new house. Housing market sucks but I'm still trying to buy a house. I'll paint it there.

I'll take back my brothers old daily since he didn't take care of anything. He literally made 0 repairs to it and it's just been sitting on the street. That will honestly just be kept as a stock daily driver car. It runs fine minus a few minor issues, but the paint is going bad real fast.

The track car/parts car needs to get some wiring stuff sorted out. Previous owner had some alarm system installed in it and I want it gone. Cluster didn't work but it was no biggie. For the price I paid for it, albeit years ago, I don't care about the cluster lol.
Other than getting it back to being roadworthy, I'll take it to some HPDE/SCCA events until the auto trans blows. I have hoarded many manual trans over the years so I will swap it in then. This car will eventually be KA-t because I always wanted to have an sr and ka-t.

I'll check in every now and then.
collegekid
Learners Permit

Post by collegekid »

Checking back in again.

Didn't do much to the cars. Subie went down for some wheel bearings/front end maintenance.
Haven't done much to the 240's.

Green car hasn't moved. I got some tires mounted on it, but it still sits waiting for a paint job.

I did take posession of my brothers old S14 last summer. Started diving into it. It had a few problems I've had to fix over the years.
It would randomly lose power and die. Would not restart.
I threw parts at it and it works.
Latest issue is that the car might not restart after sitting.
I could drive to work fine, it would be parked outside all day, then it wouldn't start. No click nothing. It would somehow start like 45 mins later as my ride shows up. So I have to fix that and some stuck rear brake caliper, stuck open thermostat, get rid of the timing chain guides, fix some valve cover leaks, and deal with the oil pressure sender. I was worried that my pump was dying but a shop suggested that an oil leak on the sensor would make the light come on.

I didn't touch the Track car S14.

Been daily driving this old beast.
Imagesubie by A P, on Flickr

I also bought a place up the mountains as a fixer upper. It's really close to the Pocono raceway. Original plan was for short term rentals but we will see how that goes. It's pretty close to being rental ready.

Then I got myself another subaru. Was hunting for this one for a while.

ImageLegacy gt wagon by A P, on Flickr

Got some chassis brake line leak somewhere at the rear. Car runs great otherwise for not stopping LOL.
p00t
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by p00t »

I like your style. Soon you can drive a different car every day of the week!
Current Experiment: Project Twin-Charge 2022