OEM spring and valve longevity

Basic tech questions such as future setups, different turbo kits, car diagnosis, etc
rebeltshead
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

OEM spring and valve longevity

Post by rebeltshead »

So I'm about to start putting things together. (just dropped my crank off for grinding) I was wondering should I replace my valves and springs from a head with ~140k-150k on it? I'm just doing a high compression 200whp goal line for now. I'm not going with upgraded ones I just want to know if you guys would replace them. I'm on a little bit of a budget too.
SHIFT_Live
beercandrifter
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by beercandrifter »

you should be fine leaving them. Have rocked multiple 200k heads with no issues. If you plan on going past the stock redline, thats about when you should consider it. the plain 6500rpm redline works out just fine though
91 240sx Hatch: HomeBrwd
25psi hx35/8.8:1/264^2 cams/95lb injectors/Megasquirt 2/ka24de build **RIP**
T56/4.8 LSx/LS9 Cam/60lb injectors/comp 918 springs/Megasquirt 3/all custom wiring
rebeltshead
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by rebeltshead »

Okay, cool! Thank you 8)
SHIFT_Live
niceguy
240sx Wannabe

Post by niceguy »

260k+ on my '93 Altima engine/head no problems including running to redline every day before a stuck thermostat and my wife cluelessly driving around killed the head...

BTW, just curious, you're doing a higher than stock compression NA build, or what exactly? I would guess not since this is KA-T but just thought I'd ask since a high comp NA motor wouldn't go far with stock valvetrain anyway, Did I answer my own question lol??